MS Master of Science in Education Curriculum and Instruction specialization
Total program credits needed for graduation: 46
24 quarter credits
- Survey of Research Methodology (4 quarter credits)
- Foundations of Educational Leadership (4 quarter credits)
- Assessment and Improvement of Instruction (4 quarter credits)
- Standards-Based Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (4 quarter credits)
- Classroom Management Strategies (4 quarter credits)
- Strategies for Eliminating the Achievement Gap (4 quarter credits)
22 quarter credits
- Curriculum Mapping: Reflection and Practice (4 quarter credits)
- Instruction and Assessment: Theory and Practice (4 quarter credits)
- Collaboration for the Improvement of Curriculum and Instruction (4 quarter credits)
- Program Evaluation of Curriculum and Instruction (4 quarter credits)
- Master's Practicum in Curriculum and Instruction 1* (3 quarter credits)
- Master's Practicum in Curriculum and Instruction 2* (3 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, certification, or endorsement. State regulations vary regarding professional licensure and salary benefits. It is the learner's responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states. Where applicable, teachers are advised to contact their individual school districts as to whether a program may qualify for salary advancement. For more information on licensure, visit our licensure page.
There are many ways to reduce tuition costs, including transferring credits which can help save time and money. You can transfer up to 12 credits into this specialization.
Sign Up for a Free One-Week Mini Course
Learn more about our online learning experience with a free one-week mini course.
Take a Single Course
You can enroll in any of our online courses without committing to a degree program. Simply sign up for a single course today — whether you're interested in a specific topic or just want to see if online learning is right for you. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5842 or email an enrollment counselor.