MS Master of Science in Public Safety Emergency Management specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates' proficiency levels
These results show recent Capella graduates' proficiency levels in the expected learning outcomes for this program. Faculty make this assessment in the capstone course—the final course in which Capella students demonstrate what they've learned.
Master of Science (MS) in Public Safety specializations
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management
- Public Safety Leadership
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella is a preferred provider of higher education for the FBI National Academy Associates (FBINAA).
- Capella is the first and currently only university recognized by Quality Matters™ at the program level for our commitment to course quality assurance in support of our public safety programs.
- Capella is one of very few online universities to offer a full progression of BS, MS, and PhD degrees in Public Safety.
- Capella faculty have extensive public safety experience in organizations such as the FBI, NYPD, Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Customs, U.S. Army, and the Florida Division of Emergency Management.
- All Capella Public Safety specializations were developed in a post-9/11, post-Hurricane Katrina environment.
- The National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security have designated Capella a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education.