MS Master of Science in Psychology General Psychology specialization
Applicants must provide the following information for admission to Capella programs and specializations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution.
- Your official bachelor’s transcripts, minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Fee is required to initiate an application for admission and must be paid as part of the application process. The fee covers the cost of transcript requests, transcript evaluation and other administrative costs.
- GRE and GMAT are not required for admission.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5970, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
FlexPath Admission Requirement
Applicants for FlexPath, our new self-paced option, must also meet the following requirement:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher from bachelor's degree-granting institution.
Capella's FlexPath Degree in Master's in General Psychology has been approved by the Higher Learning Commission, but is pending approval by the U.S. Department of Education (ED). Individuals interested in FlexPath may apply for admission to Capella University, however learners will not be eligible to start this FlexPath program until ED approval has been received.
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic coursework, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.
Request a University Guide.