MSN Master of Science in Nursing Gerontology Nursing specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates' proficiency levels
We have not yet collected enough information to publish learning outcome data for this program.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) specializations
- Diabetes Nursing
- General Nursing
- Gerontology Nursing
- Nurse Educator
- Nursing Leadership and Administration
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella's BSN, MSN and DNP programs are accredited* by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The Diabetes Nursing and the Nursing Leadership and Administration specializations incorporate the Essentials of Master's Education for Advanced Practice Nursing established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- The Nurse Educator Bridge curriculum incorporates the Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
- Students will learn from faculty experts that bring both academic and professional experience into the courseroom from nursing and across the public service segments.
Expected Program Outcomes
- Assimilate healthcare research into evidence-based nursing practice.
- Interpret and integrate healthcare policy and regulations.
- Apply professional ethics and legal standards.
- Integrate concepts of management and leadership in professional nursing practice.
- Incorporate advanced knowledge, technology, and theories from nursing and related disciplines into practice.
- Apply culturally competent healthcare practices to affect the well-being of diverse populations.
- Apply evidence-based practice for healthcare promotion, disease prevention, and disease management.
- Communicate effectively in multiple formats using appropriate information systems and technology.
*The BSN, MSN, and DNP degree programs at Capella University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.