Applicants must provide the following information for admission to Capella programs and specializations.
- Bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution. You must have a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or a similar technology degree or 8 years of relevant experience in a technology management field. Applicants who have not fulfilled these education or work requirements are required to complete prerequisite coursework.
- Your official bachelor's transcripts, minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Fee is required to initiate an application for admission and must be paid as part of the application process. The fee covers the cost of transcript requests, transcript evaluation and other administrative costs.
- A background acknowledgement formPDF that indicates your technology degree or relevant work requirements for this program.
- GRE and GMAT are not required for admission.
FlexPath Admission Requirements
Applicants for our FlexPath Self-Paced Learning option must also meet the following criteria:
- You must have a Bachelor's degree in IT or a similar field
- If you have a Bachelor's degree from another field, you will need to show 8 years of relevant, professional IT experience, or equivalent.
- You must hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher on previous undergraduate course work.