MS Master of Science in Homeland Security Homeland Security
What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Coordinate with multiple agencies, foreign, domestic, public, and private, in order to communicate, gather, process, and share information.
- Perform technical or managerial leadership in order to guide, educate, inform and influence others to accomplish goals, policies, priorities, and needs.
- Enhance critical analysis techniques to recognize and solve gaps and problems and communicate potential and future issues.
- Apply theoretical foundations and technological knowledge of elements that influence homeland security practice.
- Build technological knowledge of elements that influence homeland security success and adversarial abilities.
- Apply ethics, laws, cultural understanding, and policies to appropriate situations.
- Forecast and suggest counters to threats and nuances in illicit behaviors and actions that will affect homeland security.
- Adapt principles and practices and behaviors of effective leadership, multidisciplinary collaboration, networks, and organizational governance to enhance public value.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.