MS Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology Management General Information Systems and Technology Management specialization
Applicants must provide the following information for admission to Capella programs and specializations.
- Bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution. You must have a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or a similar technology degree or 8 years of relevant experience in a technology management field. Applicants who have not fulfilled these education or work requirements are required to complete prerequisite coursework.
- Your official bachelor's transcripts, minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Fee is required to initiate an application for admission and must be paid as part of the application process. The fee covers the cost of transcript requests, transcript evaluation and other administrative costs.
- A background acknowledgement formPDF that indicates your technology degree or relevant work requirements for this program.
- GRE and GMAT are not required for admission.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5860 or email an enrollment counselor. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor who is trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
FlexPath Admission Requirements
Applicants for FlexPath, our new self-paced option, must also meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field, or a Bachelor's degree in another field plus 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher from bachelor's degree-granting institution.
Capella's FlexPath Degree in Master's in General Information Systems and Technology Management has been approved by the Higher Learning Commission, but is pending approval by the U.S. Department of Education (ED). Individuals interested in FlexPath may apply for admission to Capella University, however learners will not be eligible to start this FlexPath program until ED approval has been received
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic coursework, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.
Request a University Guide.