MS Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology Management General Information Systems and Technology Management specialization
Applicants must provide the following information for admission to Capella programs and specializations.
- Bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution. You must have a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or a similar technology degree or 8 years of relevant experience in a technology management field. Applicants who have not fulfilled these education or work requirements are required to complete prerequisite coursework.
- Your official bachelor's transcripts, minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Fee is required to initiate an application for admission and must be paid as part of the application process. The fee covers the cost of transcript requests, transcript evaluation and other administrative costs.
- A background acknowledgement formPDF that indicates your technology degree or relevant work requirements for this program.
- GRE and GMAT are not required for admission.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5860, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
FlexPath Admission Requirements
Applicants for our FlexPath Self-Paced Learning option must also meet the following criteria:
You must complete 45 quarter credits with a minimum of 6 quarter credits in the following categories*:
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- You must have a Bachelor's degree in IT or a similar field
- If you have a Bachelor's degree from another field, you will need to show 8 years of relevant, professional IT experience, or equivalent.
- You must hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher on previous undergraduate course work.
*Arkansas residents must complete Arkansas general education requirements.
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic coursework, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.
Request a University Guide.