MS Master of Science in Education Instructional Design for Online Learning specialization
Total program credits needed for graduation: 48
8 quarter credits
- Foundational Skills for Master's Studies (4 quarter credits)
- Survey of Research Methodology (4 quarter credits)
28 quarter credits
- Principles of Instructional Design (4 quarter credits)
- Processes of Instructional Design* (4 quarter credits)
- Project Management for e-Learning Development (4 quarter credits)
- Design of Instructional Media (4 quarter credits)
- Application of Learning Theories to Instructional Design* (4 quarter credits)
- Evaluation and Assessment of Instructional Design* (4 quarter credits)
- Internship for Instructional Design for Online Learning* (4 quarter credits)
- Instructional Design for Online Learning Capstone (4 quarter credits)
In addition, choose one from the following courses
4 quarter credits
- The Delivery of Distance Education (4 quarter credits)
- Interface Design* (4 quarter credits)
- Instructional Media Tools (4 quarter credits)
Two Elective Courses
8 quarter credits
Recommended elective courses
- Strategies for Building Online Learning Communities (4 quarter credits)
- Theory and Methods of Educating Adults (4 quarter credits)
- Needs Assessment: Models and Procedures (4 quarter credits)
Choose any graduate courses.
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
North Carolina residents completing this specialization may not be qualified for licensure in Educational Technology (concentration in Computer Specialist-077).
There are many ways to reduce tuition costs, including transferring credits which can help save time and money. You can transfer up to 12 credits into this specialization.
Sign Up for a Free One-Week Mini Course
Learn more about our online learning experience with a free one-week mini course.
Take a Single Course
You can enroll in any of our online courses without committing to a degree program. Simply sign up for a single course today — whether you're interested in a specific topic or just want to see if online learning is right for you. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5842 or email an enrollment counselor.