MS Master of Science in Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy General Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy specialization
What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Integrate and apply research, relational and systemic theories, and theories of individual and family development across the life span to clinical practice settings.
- Deliver culturally and ethnically sensitive counseling and therapy services to clients in agency, institutional, health care, community, and private practice settings.
- Think critically and write effectively in the marital, couple, and family counseling and therapy discipline and/or professional practice.
- Apply the ACA, IAMFC, and AAMFT Codes of Ethics to professional behavior and practice.
- Communicate professionally and empathically with others in all professional contacts.
- Apply theories, practices, and professional standards to the marital, couple, family, and group counseling and therapy discipline.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.