MS Master of Science in Information Assurance and Security Network Defense Specialization
What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Hands-On Learning Through Virtual Lab Environment
Students in this specialization will explore penetration testing techniques in our virtual lab environment using leading industry tools, including BackTrack and Metasploit. In addition, students will learn to manage real-time responses to security breaches using Nessus® to perform vulnerability assessments, including system sanitizing and hardening.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Explain foundational information assurance and security concepts.
- Develop solutions for current issues in the information security industry.
- Demonstrate use of tools appropriate for the information security professional.
- Plan strategies appropriate for an independent contractor within a specialized area of information security.
- Integrate general information security and specialized security functions within small and mid-sized businesses as well as large and global organizations.
- Communicate effectively with technology stakeholders.
- Analyze the scope and areas of responsibility of a network defense professional
- Analyze the existing categories of network defense tool
- Apply network defense tools that will meet identified network defense needs
- Assess network defense challenges from legal and ethical perspectives
- Analyze the network defense skills necessary for an independent contractor in the network defense field
- Appraise relationships among customers, stakeholders, legal entities, and sub-contractors in the network defense field
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.