MSN Master of Science in Nursing Nurse Educator specialization
Total program credits needed for graduation: 56
36 course quarter credits
- Orientation to Graduate Nursing Study (4 quarter credits)
- Role of the Professional Practice Nurse* (4 quarter credits)
- Foundations and Frameworks for Professional Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- Policy, Regulations, and Ethics in Advanced Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- Diversity and Advocacy in Professional Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- Research and Technology for Advanced Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- Advanced Nursing Leadership and Management* (4 quarter credits)
- Evidence-Based Practice in Health Promotion and Disease Management and Prevention* (4 quarter credits)
- Nursing Capstone Project* (4 quarter credits)
20 quarter credits
- Role of the Nurse Educator (4 quarter credits)
- Teaching and Learning Strategies (4 quarter credits)
- Curriculum Theory, Frameworks, and Design (4 quarter credits)
- Information Systems for Nurse Educators* (4 quarter credits)
- Assessment and Evaluation in Health Education* (4 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
This specialization is not designed to prepare graduates for entry-level or advanced practice licensure as a nurse.
Review of this specialization is pending in WA.
There are many ways to reduce tuition costs, including transferring credits which can help save time and money. You can transfer up to 12 credits into this specialization.
Sign Up for a Free One-Week Mini Course
Learn more about our online learning experience with a free one-week mini course.
If you have elective courses in your specialization, you may be able to use them to fulfill both your degree and concentration requirements at the same time. However, completing a concentration may extend your total credits beyond the requirements of your degree. Concentrations available for this specialization include:
- Health Policy and Management
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Public Policy and Management
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5955 or email an enrollment counselor.