Total program credits needed for graduation: 48
One academic quarter is 3 months. You will have a 3-week break between each quarter.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5973, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
12 course quarter credits.
- Collaboration, Communication, and Case Analysis for Master's Learners (4 quarter credits)
- Introduction to Research Methodology (4 quarter credits)
- Public Safety Ethnic and Cultural Awareness (4 quarter credits)
24 course quarter credits.
- Public Safety Organizational Leadership (4 quarter credits)
- Personal Leadership Development (4 quarter credits)
- Leadership and Human Resource Management (4 quarter credits)
- Accounting and Finance in Public Safety Organizations (4 quarter credits)
- Managing Training and Performance Improvement (4 quarter credits)
- Integrative Project for Public Safety Learners* (4 quarter credits)
Three Elective Courses
12 course quarter credits. Choose any graduate courses.
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
What Can I Expect?
Most students take 1 to 2 courses at a time. One course typically requires 10 to 12 hours of study per week.
Courses are divided into 10 weekly units. Each unit consists of readings, discussions, and other activities you will be expected to complete throughout the week. Assignments are due on Sundays, though not every course requires an assignment each week.
In each course, you will receive a detailed scoring guide that describes expectations for every graded assignment.
Grades are based on your participation in weekly reading discussions and completion of assignments. You will also be assessed on your ability to demonstrate an understanding of expected outcomes for your program or specialization. These outcomes are based on the needs and performance standards of your field or discipline.
Learn more about online learning at Capella.
Take an Individual Course
Whether you're completing continuing education credits, want to see if online learning is right for you, or are simply interested in a specific topic, you can enroll in many of Capella's online courses without committing to a degree program. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
If you have elective courses in your specialization, you may be able to use them to fulfill both your degree and concentration requirements at the same time. However, completing a concentration may extend your total credits beyond the requirements of your degree. Concentrations available for this specialization include:
- Health Policy and Management
- Homeland Security
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Public Policy Management and Collaborative Governance
- Public Safety Leadership
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership