MS Master of Science in Education Reading and Literacy specialization
Applicants must provide the following information for admission to Capella programs and specializations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution.
- Your official master’s transcripts, minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- A teaching License Background formPDF that lists your teaching license and 3 years oflicensed teaching experience.
- Applicants in this specialization are required to complete the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE), which is a requirement for licensure in the state of Minnesota. Students must complete the MTLE prior to enrolling in the practicum course.
- GRE and GMAT are not required for admission.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5842 or email an enrollment counselor. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor who is trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic coursework, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.
Request a University Guide.