MS Master of Science in School Counseling General School Counseling specialization
What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can SeeIn addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in ach of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Apply the ASCA National Standards for Students to the school counseling discipline.
- Communicate with sensitivity, understanding, and respect in all professional interactions.
- Apply the ACA, IAMFC, and AAMFT Codes of Ethics to professional behavior the practice of school counseling.
- Think critically and write effectively in the school counseling discipline and professional practice.
- Deliver culturally, ethnically and life-style sensitive individual and group counseling services to students in school settings.
- Apply brief counseling and child and adolescent theories and research to school practice.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.