Career Outcomes & Job Titles
People who choose an online health care management degree often pursue mid-level management or executive positions in the health care industry or in organizations serving the health care industry.
Potential Employment Settings
- Community care facility for the elderly
- Community college
- Consulting firm
- Dentist office
- Federal government health care facility
- Home health care service
- Information technology/software company serving health care industry
- Insurance company
- Land-based or online college or university
- Medical device company
- Medical or diagnostic laboratory
- Nursing and residential care facility
- Outpatient care center
- Pharmaceutical company
- Physician office
- Private hospital
- Regulatory agency
Common Job Titles/Positions*
- Adjunct or part-time faculty
- Ambulatory care center director
- Assistant hospital administrator
- Clinical director/manager
- Department or division director
- Director of nursing
- Health and social service manager
- Health care consultant
- Health care financial manager
- Hospital administrator
- Managed care manager
- Medical device sales representative
- Medical record manager
- Nurse manager
- Nursing home administrator
- Nutrition service manager
- Office manager
- Pharmaceutical sales representative
- Practice manager
- Product manager
- Program manager
- Project manager
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.
†Most positions require licensure and/or other designations. We encourage you to research requirements for your job target and career goals.
School of Business and Technology MBA Degree Graduates
Data from graduates across all Business and Technology masters programs have been combined for these Career Outcomes results.
Our School of Business and Technology MBA graduates report satisfaction with tasks and responsibilities and salary and benefits. The majority of graduates work in higher education, government/public sector, healthcare, information technology, aerospace, or consulting.
Percentage of respondents who answered "satisfied" or "very satisfied"
Source: Responses to the Alumni Outcomes Survey one year after graduation. The data were collected during Q3 2011 – Q2 2012.
Many MBA degree graduates from the School of Business and Technology report advancing in their careers and receiving a salary increase, leadership role or promotion. They also say their Capella degrees garner recognition from employers.
Percentage of respondents who indicated they had accomplished each item
Source: Responses to the Alumni Outcomes Survey one year after graduation. The data were collected during Q3 2011 – Q2 2012