Total program credits needed for graduation: 48
MBA courses are 6 weeks in duration. If you take the recommended 2 courses per quarter your term will be 12 weeks of courses with 1 week off in-between quarters.
33 course quarter credits.
- Foundational Skills for Business Leaders (3 quarter credits)
- Leading Innovation in the Global Organization* (3 quarter credits)
- Global Economic Environment (3 quarter credits)
- Integrated Global Marketing (3 quarter credits)
- Financial Accounting (3 quarter credits)
- Finance and Value Creation* (3 quarter credits)
- Data Analysis for Business Decisions (3 quarter credits)
- Strategic Operations Management* (3 quarter credits)
- Organizational Strategy* (3 quarter credits)
- The Global Leader (3 quarter credits)
- Business Integration Skills* (3 quarter credits)
12 course quarter credits.
- Human Resource Management in 21st Century Knowledge* (3 quarter credits)
- Building Organizational Effectiveness* (3 quarter credits)
- Human Capital Management* (3 quarter credits)
- Organizations, Governance, and the Law (3 quarter credits)*
Taken during learner's final quarter.
- MBA Capstone* (3 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
Capella’s International Experience takes your curriculum far beyond what you can experience with research alone. Students who join one of the annual trips gain an international perspective on global operations, supply chain management, and other key aspects of current business practices around the world.
During this one-week trip, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet industry leaders and discuss global and regional business concerns
- Develop key job skills, such as adaptability, global understanding, tolerance, and leadership
- Engage in dialogue with senior executives of leading companies with global reach
- Meet successful entrepreneurs
- Gain first-hand experience in the many ways culture impacts the challenges and complexities of global business operations
Participants are responsible for the cost of their travel, accommodations, food and other associated expenses.
Call 1.888.CAPELLA (888.227.3552) to speak with a Capella Counselor to learn more about the International Experience.
"Traveling to Chile was life-changing—the business, economic, societal, and global knowledge I gained was extraordinary. Before, during, and after each business visit we spent time conversing with faculty about each business, the industry, governmental policy impacts, and their financial status. I would recommend the International Experience to everyone. The investment you make in yourself as a professional is second to none."
– Tina Thompson, 2014 International Experience participant
PHR®/SPHR® Preparation Courses
Capella offers online prep courses to prepare you for success in your Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) exams.* These Capella certification exam preparation courses are designed by subject matter experts, and include discussion questions, application exercises, and module exams to develop specific HR competencies.
*While pass rates on the PHR® and SPHR® exam tend to improve for those taking the review course, no guarantee can be made that completion of this course will result in success on this exam. Individuals are encouraged to use this review course as a guide in their preparation and to seek additional assistance as they determine is necessary.
What Can I Expect?
Most students take 1 to 2 courses at a time. One course typically requires 10 to 12 hours of study per week.
Courses are divided into 6 weekly units. Each unit consists of readings, discussions, and other activities you will be expected to complete throughout the week. Assignments are due on Sundays, though not every course requires an assignment each week.
In each course, you will receive a detailed scoring guide that describes expectations for every graded assignment.
Grades are based on your participation in weekly reading discussions and completion of assignments. You will also be assessed on your ability to demonstrate an understanding of expected outcomes for your program or specialization. These outcomes are based on the needs and performance standards of your field or discipline.
Learn more about online learning at Capella.
FlexPath Self-Paced Learning Option
If you’re highly motivated, looking to save time and money, and crave the freedom and flexibility of setting your own pace, you may want to consider FlexPath. Rather than face weekly deadlines, you’ll work at your own pace to complete a series of assessments for each course.
There’s no limit to the number of courses you can complete per session — you’ll still pay the same flat tuition rate every 12 weeks.
Post Baccalaureate Certificate Option
Students in Capella’s MBA with a specialization in Human Resource Management program have the opportunity to earn a Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Business Management. Comprised entirely of MBA courses, this certificate provides an opportunity to earn a marketable credential in as little as 8 months—while you progress through your program.
To learn more about this certificate option and how to enroll, request more information and we will match you with an enrollment counselor who specializes in your area of study.
Take an Individual Course
Whether you're completing continuing education credits, want to see if online learning is right for you, or are simply interested in a specific topic, you can enroll in many of Capella's online courses without committing to a degree program. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5840, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.