Career Outcomes & Job Titles
People who choose an online information technology management degree often pursue management and director-level positions in IT functions that require both information technology and business expertise.
Potential Employment Settings
- Community college
- Global technology firm
- Health care organization
- Information technology company
- Information technology consulting firm
- Insurance firm
- Land-based or online college or university
- Software company
Common Job Titles/Positions*
- Adjunct or part-time faculty
- Chief information officer
- Chief technology officer
- Information technology auditor
- Information technology business manager
- Information technology manager/director
- Information technology strategy and management consultant
- Project manager, information technology
- Sourcing manager— information technology
- Technology manager
- Technology program manager
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.
School of Business and Technology MBA Degree Graduates
Data from graduates across all Business and Technology masters programs have been combined for these Career Outcomes results.
Our School of Business and Technology MBA graduates report satisfaction with tasks and responsibilities and salary and benefits. The majority of graduates work in higher education, government/public sector, healthcare, information technology, aerospace, or consulting.
Percentage of respondents who answered "satisfied" or "very satisfied"
Source: Responses to the Alumni Outcomes Survey one year after graduation. The data were collected during Q3 2011 – Q2 2012.
Many MBA degree graduates from the School of Business and Technology report advancing in their careers and receiving a salary increase, leadership role or promotion. They also say their Capella degrees garner recognition from employers.
Percentage of respondents who indicated they had accomplished each item
Source: Responses to the Alumni Outcomes Survey one year after graduation. The data were collected during Q3 2011 – Q2 2012