What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates' proficiency levels
We have not yet collected enough information to publish learning outcome data for this program.
Master of Public Administration and Master of Science in Public Safety
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Many public issues are cross-sector challenges that require multidisciplinary skills and the ability to work collaboratively to develop innovative solutions. Capella's joint program prepares you to meet those challenges across the public administration and public safety fields.
- Capella's joint degree program allows you to earn two complementary degrees in less time and at less cost than pursuing the two degree programs separately.
- Continue your education as you advance through your career. Capella offers both a Doctor of Public Administration and a PhD in Public Safety.
Expected Program Outcomes
- Evaluate theories of leadership and how those leadership models apply to contemporary public safety organizations.
- Evaluate how research in public safety impacts policy in the evolution of public safety.
- Think, write and communicate critically and effectively within one's discipline and/or professional practice.
- Synthesize the dynamics for social change and community improvements as influenced by public safety.
- Apply diversity and multicultural perspectives within decision-making.
- Apply professional and social ethics to make sound and ethical decisions.
- Manage public administration resources effectively.
- Develop solutions based on citizen involvement, informed decision-making, and leadership.
- Develop and implement public administration policies and administrative processes.
- Apply professional ethics and integrity.
- Implement equitable solutions for diverse populations in the global community.
- Communicate effectively across the public administration discipline.