PHD Doctor of Philosophy in Advanced Studies in Human Behavior General Advanced Studies in Human Behavior specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates' proficiency levels
Each doctoral program and specialization is designed around expected learning outcomes (see Expected Program Outcomes below). End of program performance is determined during the comprehensive exam and dissertation process. Because the work is unique to each learner's dissertation or research topic and the criteria for evaluation are aligned to that work, we do not collect data on proficiency levels for doctoral programs.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Advanced Studies in Human Behavior specialization
- General Advanced Studies in Human Behavior
Quality and Professional Relevance
- The program complements Capella's broad range of social and behavioral science offerings at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels.
Expected Program Outcomes
- Evaluate relevant theories and best practices in the human behavior field.
- Conduct valid, reliable, and ethical research in the field of social and behavioral sciences.
- Integrate ethical and legal standards into professional practice within the human behavior field.
- Lead the design, development, and evaluation of interdisciplinary programs and services to address key social and behavioral issues.
- Evaluate factors that affect individual or group perception and response to social and behavioral issues and services.
- Integrate multicultural awareness and respect for diversity in professional service in the human behavior field.
- Communicate professionally through writing and effective interactions.