PHD Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision General Counselor Education and Supervision specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates' proficiency levels
Each doctoral program and specialization is designed around expected learning outcomes (see Expected Program Outcomes below). End of program performance is determined during the comprehensive exam and dissertation process. Because the work is unique to each learner's dissertation or research topic and the criteria for evaluation are aligned to that work, we do not collect data on proficiency levels for doctoral programs.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Counselor Education and Supervision specialization
- General Counselor Education and Supervision
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella is the leader in online counseling education and offers a broad portfolio of counseling-related specializations.
- All members of Capella's counseling faculty hold doctoral degrees from accredited institutions.
Expected Program Outcomes
- Evaluate the current theories and practices of the counseling profession.
- Demonstrate commitment to one's personal and professional development.
- Conduct and contribute valid, reliable, and ethical research in the counseling profession.
- Think critically and write effectively in one's discipline and/or professional practice.
- Lead and advocate for inclusion, tolerance, and acceptance.
- Practice social and professional ethics.