PHD Doctor of Philosophy in Public Safety Emergency Management specialization
What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand the current practices of the public safety fields.
- Conduct valid, reliable, and ethical research.
- Think critically and write effectively in your discipline and/or professional practice.
- Effectively advocate for social change and community improvements.
- Embrace the need for diversity/multicultural perspectives in decision-making.
- Develop social and professional ethics.
- Communicate professionally.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.