What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Evaluate how research in emergency management impacts policy in the evolution of emergency management issues.
- Apply theoretical perspectives that are related to hazard, risk, and vulnerability within emergency management systems.
- Conduct valid, reliable, and ethical research.
- Examine the impact that cross-cultural historical shifts have had on contemporary emergency management.
- Apply valid, reliable, and ethical research to decision-making in the emergency management profession.
- Apply professional and social ethics to make sound and ethical decisions.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members of the emergency management profession.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.