Point C Scholarship
You made it from Point A to Point B. Now reach your Point C. Capella University is the most direct path to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that help you advance your career. Five $5,000 scholarships will be awarded.
1. The Point C Scholarship contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Submission of a Point C Scholarship Application constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
To be eligible you must:
Create My Point C Image
- Meet Capella University admission requirements.
- Be a U.S. resident.
- Be a new learner starting a degree program at Capella University in July, August, September or October 2014; or be a current learner enrolled in a Capella degree program.
- Be accepted into or be currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters/MBA, or Doctoral/PhD degree program.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAP). Failure to maintain academic standing and satisfactory academic progress will result in forfeiture of the scholarship for the quarters where they do not meet the academic standards.
- Not be Capella University employee, faculty or staff.
- FlexPath and certificate applicants/learners are not eligible.
3. Method of Entry.
To enter the contest, you must:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella or are a current learner, skip this step.
- By or before Monday, June 30, 2014, complete the Point C Scholarship application form, including your response to the essay question and providing a link to your Point C response and image. By completing a Point C Scholarship Application Form, you grant Capella University the right to publicly share, modify and reuse the contents of your entry, as well as your name and degree, as set forth below. Limit one entry per person.
- Once accepted and admitted to Capella, begin courses in July, August, September or October, 2014; or if a current learner, be enrolled in courses during spring quarter 2014.
You must submit the scholarship application form before your course begins and no later than Monday, June 30, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
5. Selection of Winners
- This is a skill-based contest. The Capella Scholarship Committee will select five scholarship recipients based on eligibility requirements, the content, clarity and writing of the response to the essay question, your Point C image, goal and what Point C means to you.
- Winners will be notified within fourteen (14) days of the Scholarship Committee's decision and will be required to submit a Scholarship Winner Affidavit & Release consistent with these Official Rules as a condition of receiving the scholarship.
- The Point C Scholarship can be applied only to a Bachelors, Masters/MBA or Doctoral/PhD degree program.
- The effective date of this scholarship is Summer Quarter/July 2014, or Fall Quarter/October 2014, depending on the start date. See disbursement chart below.
- The $5,000 scholarship will be applied to recipients' Capella accounts equally over 5 consecutive quarters ($1,000 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter as long as the recipient maintains eligibility.
- If the eligible recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship award is intended to address the cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- The $5,000 scholarship will be applied to your Capella account equally over 5 consecutive quarters ($1,000 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
Create My Point C Image
|Start date||Date of first scholarship disbursement|
|July 2014 (and current students)||October 2014|
|Aug, Sept, or Oct 2014||October 2014|
7. Consent to Use Your Name and Application.
- By submitting a Point C Scholarship Application Form, you grant Capella University perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to modify, display, distribute and use any and all parts of your Point C Scholarship Application-- including but not limited to your name, image, likeness, narrative submission, and degree--for any purpose Capella and by any means Capella deems fit, including but not limited to social media postings and advertisements in any medium, with or without attribution. You release and waive any claim against Capella University arising out of or related to the use, display, or distribution of your Point C Scholarship Application, including the name, image, and likeness you submit connection with your Point C Scholarship Application.
- You represent that you are the owner and/or author of any content you submit to Capella in relation to this contest, and further represent you have the consent of anyone appearing in the images/photographs you submit to use said images/photographs for purposes of your scholarship application under these Rules, and that no other person or entity has any intellectual property rights or privacy rights in any part of your submission. You agree to indemnify Capella University against any third party's claim that Capella's use of your scholarship application and related content, images or photographs violates or infringes upon another's intellectual property rights or privacy rights.
This contest is sponsored by Capella University, 225 S. 6th Street, 9th Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402
10. Contest Irregularities and Cancellation.
Capella University is not responsible for any irregularities in the contest, such as computer or software problems, late, misdirected or corrupted entries, or other technical issues or errors. If for any reason, in Capella University's sole judgment, the contest cannot be executed as planned, Capella University reserves the right to modify, suspend, or abort and terminate the contest.
These Official Contest Rules shall be governed by Minnesota law. Any disputes and/or claims arising out of or related to the contest shall be governed by Minnesota law, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, and shall be venued in state or federal court in Hennepin County, Minnesota. By entering the contest, entrants irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of Minnesota for purposes of such disputes and/or claims.
Failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
To the extent any provision of these Rules is deemed unenforceable, the lawful provisions shall remain in effect.
New students: Call an enrollment counselor at 1-866-933-5952 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Current students, contact: ScholarshipsGrants@Capella.edu