Tuition & Financial Aid
Spring 2013 Doctoral Education Grant
Capella University is pleased to announce a $2,000 grant opportunity for new learners who enroll in an eligible doctoral Education program and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements.
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University in April, May, or June 2013. Capella alumni or former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Must be accepted into an eligible PhD, EdD, or EdS program in the School of Education. See grant application for a list of eligible programs.
- Must have a 3.00 cumulative GPA from a master's degree-granting institution.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing).
- Must successfully pass your first course.
How to apply for grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella University, skip this step.
- Complete the Spring 2013 Doctoral Education Grant application.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on April 8, May 6, or June 3, 2013
Grant Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, June 3, 2013. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The Spring 2013 Doctoral Education Grant can be applied only to an eligible degree program in the School of Education. See grant application for a list of eligible specializations.
- The $2,000 grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($285 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter. The first grant disbursement will follow the schedule below:
|Start Date||Date of first grant disbursement|
|April 8, 2013||July 2013|
|May 6 or June 3, 2013||October 2013|
- Recipients must successfully pass first course, which starts in April, May or June, in order to receive this disbursement.
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled, or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of the Spring 2013 Doctoral Education Grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.808.0865 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.