Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Support for Military and Their Families
Capella University is committed to supporting our community of servicemen, veterans and their spouses as they progress toward their education goals. We value your careers, are grateful for your military service and your daily commitment. We are proud to offer a dedicated military support staff that’s experienced with VA benefits and can help you understand these important financial resources.
Your service may entitle you to several education benefits. Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.303.9107 to learn more or Email Us.
- 10% tuition discount on graduate programs
- 15% tuition discount on undergraduate programs
- Transfer credit for military training and experience
- Flexible military leave policy
- A degree program that moves with you to any duty station
- A rich community network of students, faculty, and graduates
- Experienced military support services team
- Credit for CLEP® and DSST examinations
See how these exams correspond to our courses. View CLEP Guide/DSST Guide.
Benefits may vary slightly.
If sudden deployments, relocations, or training missions interrupt your education, our military leave of absence policy allows you to take time off without financial or academic penalty. When your mission is complete, your Capella advisor will help you get back on track to complete your degree.
Capella's Military Affiliations & Partnerships include:
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges
- Army National Guard Education Support Center
- Joint Forces Staff College
- American Council on Education
- Defense Acquisition University
- Army Management Staff College
- Reserve Fleet Association
The Next Mission: Capella-inspired PBS film
Capella students and alumni are at the heart of this timely and hope-filled documentary. For the thousands who have served their country under extreme circumstances, the effects can't be turned off at the flip of a switch when they come home. The Next Mission gives living proof that the right support can make all the difference
Get a look at reentry after combat duty: The Next Mission
Yellow Ribbon Program
Capella University is committed to supporting military service men and women as they progress toward their educational goals.
Learn more about the Post-9/11 GI Bill & Yellow Ribbon Program
Share ideas for helping servicemembers returning from combat at JoiningForcesAmerica.org.