Bachelor's Completion Grant
Bachelor's Completion Grant
Finish the degree you started. For new students with transfer credits, Capella is pleased to announce the opportunity to save up to 37% off of the completion of your bachelor's degree with a $6,000 grant.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements.
- Must be a new student starting a bachelor's program at Capella University in January, February, or March 2014. Former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- FlexPath applicants are not eligible.
- Must be accepted into a BS degree program in the School of Undergraduate Studies. See grant application for a list of all eligible programs.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAP).
- Must successfully pass your first course.
- Following your first course, you must enroll in 7 or more credits in each quarter of the grant period.
How to apply for the grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Complete the Bachelor's Completion Grant application.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on January 6, February 3, or March 3, 2014.
Grant application deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, March 3, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The grant can be applied only to an eligible program. See grant application for a list of all eligible programs.
- The $6,000 grant will be applied to your Capella account equally over 6 consecutive quarters ($1,000 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
|Start date||Date of first grant disbursement|
|January 2014||April 2014|
|February or March, 2014||July 2014|
Recipients must successfully pass their first course and be enrolled in 7 or more credits in order to receive this disbursement.
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who discontinue or withdraw from Capella will have all future grant disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.