Bachelor's Advance Grant
Bachelor's Advance Grant
Capella University is pleased to announce a grant and savings opportunity worth up to $13,725 for new students who enroll in an eligible Capella University bachelor's program. Students who meet the following eligibility requirements will be able to pursue general education and elective credits through self-paced SOPHIA Pathways for College Credit™ and after receiving a grant covering the costs of the Sophia courses (up to 45 quarter credits worth). Sophia's ACE-recommended courses are eligible for transfer into Capella.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a bachelor's program at Capella University in April, May, or June 2014. Former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- FlexPath applicants are not eligible.
- Must be accepted into a BS degree program in the School of Undergraduate Studies. See grant application for a list of all eligible programs.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course.
- Following your first course, you must enroll in 6 or more credits in each quarter of the grant period.
How to apply for the grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply Now for the Bachelor's Advance Grant.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on April 7, May 5, or June 9, 2014.
Grant application deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, June 9, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The grant can be applied only to an eligible program. See grant application for a list of all eligible programs.
- Eligible students will receive one no-cost Sophia course per requirement, up to 45 quarter credits.
Recipients must successfully pass their first course in order to receive this grant opportunity.
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award will be forfeited.
- Continuously enrolled students may take Sophia pathways at the same time as Capella courses or during quarter breaks.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.