Fall Nursing Grant
Fall Nursing Grant
Capella University is pleased to announce a $2,500 grant opportunity for new nursing learners who enroll in an eligible BSN, MSN, or DNP program in the School of Public Service Leadership and meet all eligibility requirements. Members of the American Nurses Association (ANA) or the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) will receive an additional $500, for a total of a $3,000 grant.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements.
- Must be a new student starting an eligible nursing degree program at Capella University. Capella alumni or former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Must be accepted into an eligible BSN, MSN, or DNP degree program in the School of Public Service Leadership. See the grant application for a list of eligible programs.
- BSN and MSN students must start their program between Sept. 9 and Dec. 2, 2013. DNP students must start their program between Sept. 9 and Nov. 4, 2013.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing).
- Must successfully pass your first course.
How to apply for the grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Complete the Fall Nursing Grant application.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on Sept. 9, Oct. 7, Nov. 4, or Dec. 2, 2013 (December start date is only for BSN and MSN students).
- ANA and AADE members must provide proof of membership to qualify for the $3,000 grant.
Grant application deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, Dec. 2, 2013. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The grant can be applied only to an eligible BSN, MSN, or DNP nursing program in the School of Public Service Leadership. See the grant application for a list of eligible programs.
- The $2,500 or $3,000 grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($357 per quarter/$429 per quarter) during the 3rd week of each quarter.
|Start date||Date of First Grant Disbursement|
|Sept. 9 or Oct. 7, 2013||January 2014|
|Nov. 4 or Dec. 2, 2013 (Dec. 2 BSN and MSN only)||April 2014|
Recipients must successfully pass their first course — which starts in September, October, November, or December — in order to receive this disbursement.
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.