Health Career Grant
Health Career Grant
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, health care will generate more than 4 million new jobs between 2010 and 2020 — making health care management one of the fastest growing and in-demand career fields.
Capella University is pleased to announce a grant opportunity — $3,000 for MHA or MPH programs or $5,000 for DHA or DrPH programs — for new students who enroll in an eligible health care program and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University in September, October, November or December 2014. Former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must be accepted into an eligible health care program.
View eligible programs
- DHA - General Health Administration
- DHA - Health Care Leadership
- DHA - Health Policy Advocacy
- DrPH - Epidemiology
- DrPH - Health Advocacy Leadership
- MHA - General Health Administration
- MHA - Health Care Leadership
- MHA - Health Care Operations
- MPH - General Public Health
- MPH - Health Management Policy
- MPH - Social and Behavioral Sciences
How to Apply for the Grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply now for the for the Health Career Grant. Complete the application for the degree level you are seeking.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on September 8, October 13, November 10, or December 8, 2014.
Grant Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, December 8, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The grant can be applied only to an eligible program.
- The grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters for master's programs ($429 per quarter) and 8 consecutive quarters for doctoral programs ($625 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
|Start date||Date of first grant disbursement|
|September, or October 2014||January 2015|
|November, or December 2014||April 2015|
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled, or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future grant disbursements cancelled.
- Capella University faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children, are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.