Magnet® Hospital Grant
Magnet® Hospital Grant
With a commitment to nursing excellence, Capella University is pleased to announce a $3,000 grant opportunity for employees of Magnet® hospitals and employees of Capella alliance partners who enroll in a BSN, MSN, DNP, MHA, or DHA program and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Employee of a Magnet-recognized® organization, as deemed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or an employee of a Capella University alliance partner.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements.
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University in January, February, March, or April 2014. Capella alumni or former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Must be accepted into a BSN, MSN, DNP, MHA, or DHA program.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing).
- Must successfully pass your first course.
How to apply for the grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Complete the Magnet® Hospital Grant application.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on Jan. 6, Feb. 3, March 3, or April 7, 2014.
Grant application deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, April 7, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The Magnet® Hospital Grant can be applied only to the BSN, MSN, DNP, MHA and DHA programs.
- The $3,000 grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($429 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
- Grant applicants must provide documentation of their employment at a Magnet-recognized® organization or Capella Alliance partner.
|Start date||Date of first grant disbursement|
|January 6, 2014||April 2014|
|Feb. 3, March 3, or April 7, 2014||July 2014|
Recipients must successfully pass their first course — which starts in January, February, March, or April — in order to receive this disbursement.
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.
Magnet® is a registered trademark of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. All rights reserved.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) does not support or endorse Capella University products or services.