Fall Public Safety Grant
Fall Public Safety Master's Grant
Capella University is pleased to announce a $3,000 grant opportunity for new students who enroll in an eligible Master of Science in Public Safety program in the School of Public Service Leadership and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University in October, November, or December 2013. Capella alumni or former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course.
- Must be accepted into an eligible master's program in the School of Public Service Leadership.
View eligible programs
How to Apply for the Grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Complete the Fall Public Safety Master's Grant application. Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on Oct. 7, Nov. 4, or Dec. 2, 2013.
Grant Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, Dec. 2, 2013. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The grant can be applied only to an eligible master's program in the School of Public Service Leadership. See the grant application for a list of eligible programs.
- The $3,000 grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($428 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
|Start date||Date of first grant disbursement|
|Oct. 7, 2013||January 2014|
|Nov. 4 or Dec. 2, 2013||April 2014|
Recipients must successfully pass their first course — which starts in October, November, or December $mdash; in order to receive this disbursement.
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.