Military Advance Doctoral Grant
Capella University is pleased to announce a $10,000 grant opportunity for new students with a military affiliation who enroll in a PhD in IT, PhD in Business Management, DBA, DPA, or PhD in Public Safety program and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a PhD in IT, PhD in Business Management, DBA, DPA, or PhD in Public Safety program at Capella University between July and December 2014. Former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing PDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must provide documentation supporting that you: are currently serving in the United States military in an active duty, guard, or reserve capacity; are the spouse of an active duty servicemember; have previously served in the U.S. military; are a member of the United States Public Health Survey Commissioned Corps; are a member of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps; are a civilian employee of the Department of Defense; are a dependent receiving Dependents Education Assistance (DEA, Chapter 35) benefits from the VA.
- Must be accepted into an enrolled in an eligible doctoral program in the School of Business & Technology or School of Public Service Leadership.
How to Apply for the Grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella University, skip this step.
- Apply now for the Military Advance Doctoral Grant.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on July 14, August 11, or September 8, October 13, November 10, or December 8, 2014.
Grant Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, December 8, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The grant can be applied only to the PhD in IT, PhD in Business Management, DBA, DPA, or PhD in Public Safety program.
- The $10,000 grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($1,429 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
||Date of first grant disbursement
|August, September,or October 2014
|November or December 2014
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future grant disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.