Nurse Leader Grant
Nurse Leader Grant
No matter where you are in your nursing career — or where you plan to go — Capella wants to help you take the lead by supporting your future with a grant.
Capella University is pleased to announce a grant opportunity ($1,500 for certificate programs, $3,000 for bachelor's programs, $4,000 for master's programs, $5,000 for doctoral programs) for new students who hold an RN license, enroll in an eligible program, and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University in between July and September 2014. Former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Must have a current, unrestricted RN license (or its equivalent) to practice in the United States.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must be accepted into and enrolled in an eligible program. All Capella programs are eligible excluding FlexPath programs.
How to Apply for the Grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella University, skip this step.
- Apply now for the Nurse Leader Grant. Complete the application for the degree level you are seeking.
- Certificate program: $1,500
- Bachelor's degree: $3,000
- Master's degree: $4,000
- Doctoral degree: $5,000
Grant Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, September 8, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The grant can be applied only to the eligible program.
- The grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters (4 quarters for certificate programs) during the third week of each quarter.
|Start date||Date of first grant disbursement|
|July 2014||October 2014|
|August or September 2014||January 2015|
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future grant disbursements cancelled.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.