PhD Colloquium Grant
PhD Colloquium Grant
Capella University is pleased to announce a $1,495 grant opportunity for new learners who enroll in an eligible PhD program, meet all eligibility requirements, and attend colloquium during or before spring quarter 2015.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University in July and September 2014. Former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must follow the prescribed sequence for each PhD program, including successfully passing the companion course before or in the same term as colloquium attendance during or before spring quarter 2015.
- Must be accepted into and enrolled in an eligible PhD program.
View eligible programs
- PHD - Curriculum and Instruction
- PHD - Special Education Leadership
- PHD - Instructional Design for Online Learning
- PHD - K-12 Studies in Education
- PHD - Leadership in Education Administration
- PHD - Leadership for Higher Education
- PHD - Nursing Education
- PHD - Professional Studies in Education
- PHD - Postsecondary and Adult Education
- PHD - Training and Performance Improvement
- PHD - Health Care Administration
- PHD - Multidisciplinary Human Services
- PHD - Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- PHD - General Counselor Education and Supervision
- PHD - Criminal Justice
- PHD - Emergency Management
- PHD - General Advanced Studies in Human Behavior
|Program Name||Companion Course Code||Companion Course Name|
|PhD Education||ED8112||Educational Research Methods|
|PhD Human Services (PSL)||HS8106
Multidisciplinary Human Services:
|Epistemology of Practice Knowledge
Fundamentals of Social Science Research
|PhD Public Safety||PSF8106||Epistemology of Practice Knowledge|
|PhD Counselor Ed & Supervision||CES8106||Epistemology of Practice Knowledge|
|PhD Adv Studies in Human Behavior||SHB8106||Epistemology of Practice Knowledge|
How to Apply for the Grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella University, skip this step.
- Complete the PhD Colloquium Grant application for the corresponding colloquium you plan on attending. The application must be completed before you begin your first course.
|Fall Quarter 2014 Colloquium Grant||Winter Quarter 2015 Colloquium Grant||Spring Quarter 2015 Colloquium Grant|
Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on on July 14, August 11, or September 8, 2014.
Grant Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, September 8, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The grant can be applied only to an eligible PhD program.
- The $1,495 grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account during the third week of the quarter after completing the research course and colloquium attendance. When colloquium occurs at the end of a term, the grant disbursement will be delayed until grades are available.
- The grant award will be applied to the tuition and fees for the term in which funds are disbursed.
|Term of research course completion and colloquium attendance||Quarter of disbursement|
|Fall quarter 2014||Winter 2015|
|Winter quarter 2015||Spring 2015|
|Spring quarter 2015||Summer 2015|
Recipients must successfully pass their first course, colloquium, and the applicable companion course before or in the same term as colloquium attendance in order to receive this disbursement.
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the grant award will be forfeited.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of colloquium attendance.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have their future grant disbursements canceled.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.