Fall PhD Community College Grant
PhD Community College Grant
Capella University is pleased to announce a $10,000 grant opportunity for faculty or staff of an eligible Community College Alliance partner who enroll in a PhD program and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Faculty or staff of an eligible Community College Alliance partner.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University in April, May, or June 2014. Capella alumni and former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course.
- Must be accepted into a PhD program.
View eligible programs
- PHD - Accounting
- PHD - Addiction Psychology
- PHD - General Advanced Studies in Human Behavior
- PHD - General Counselor Education and Supervision
- PHD - Criminal Justice
- PHD - Curriculum and Instruction
- PHD - Leadership in Education Administration
- PHD - Educational Psychology
- PHD - Emergency Management
- PHD - Finance
- PHD - General Business Management
- PHD - Multidisciplinary Human Services
- PHD - General Psychology
- PHD - Health Care Administration
- PHD - Leadership for Higher Education
- PHD - Human Resource Management
- PHD - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- PHD - Information Assurance and Security
- PHD - General Information Technology
- PHD - Information Technology Education
- PHD - Instructional Design for Online Learning
- PHD - Information Technology Management
- PHD - Project Management
- PHD - K-12 Studies in Education
- PHD - Leadership
- PHD - Management Education
- PHD - Strategy and Innovation
- PHD - Marketing
- PHD - Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- PHD - Nursing Education
- PHD - Postsecondary and Adult Education
- PHD - Professional Studies in Education
- PHD - Project Management
- PHD - Social and Community Services
- PHD - Special Education Leadership
- PHD - Training and Performance Improvement
How to Apply for the Grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply Now for the PhD Community College Grant.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses between April 7 and June 9, 2014.
Grant Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, June 9, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The PhD Community College Grant can be applied only to PhD programs.
- The $10,000 grant will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($1428 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
|Start date||Date of first grant disbursement|
|April 2014||July 2014|
|May and June 2014||October 2014|
Recipients must successfully pass their first course in order to receive this disbursement.
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full grant award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of this grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.