Military Advance Doctoral Scholarship
To show our appreciation for your service, Capella is proud to offer this opportunity to save on a doctoral degree to help you move into the next phase of your career. Capella is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity ($5,000 for DBA, DHA, DPA, and DrPH programs, and $10,000 for PhD programs in IT, Business Management, and Public Safety) for new students with a military affiliation who enroll and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must meet (Capella University admission requirements PDF).
- Must be a new student starting an eligible doctoral program at Capella University between April and December 2015. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing PDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must provide documentation supporting that you: are currently serving in the United States military in an active duty, guard, or reserve capacity; are the spouse of an active duty service member; have previously served in the U.S. military; are a member of the United States Public Health Survey Commissioned Corps; are a member of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps; are a civilian employee of the Department of Defense; are a dependent receiving Dependents Education Assistance (DEA, Chapter 35) benefits from the VA.
- Must be accepted into and enrolled in an eligible doctoral program in the School of Business & Technology or School of Public Service Leadership.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella University, skip this step.
- Apply now for the Military Advance Doctoral Scholarship. Complete the application for the degree you are seeking.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses by December 7, 2015.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, December 7, 2015. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible program.
- The scholarship will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 8 consecutive quarters for PhD programs ($1,250 per quarter) and professional doctorate programs ($625 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
||Date of first scholarship disbursement
|May, June, or July 2015
|August, September, or October 2015
|November or December 2015
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15%.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children, are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.