Military Advance Doctoral Scholarship
Capella University is pleased to announce a $10,000 scholarship opportunity for new students with a military affiliation who enroll in a PhD in IT, PhD in Business Management, DBA, DHA, DPA, DrPH, or PhD in Public Safety program and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a PhD in IT, PhD in Business Management, DBA, DHA, DPA, DrPH, or PhD in Public Safety program at Capella University in January, February, or March 2015. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing PDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must provide documentation supporting that you: are currently serving in the United States military in an active duty, guard, or reserve capacity; are the spouse of an active duty servicemember; have previously served in the U.S. military; are a member of the United States Public Health Survey Commissioned Corps; are a member of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps; are a civilian employee of the Department of Defense; are a dependent receiving Dependents Education Assistance (DEA, Chapter 35) benefits from the VA.
- Must be accepted into and enrolled in an eligible doctoral program in the School of Business & Technology or School of Public Service Leadership.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella University, skip this step.
- Apply now for the Military Advance Doctoral Scholarship.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on January 12, February 9, or March 9, 2015.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, March 9, 2015. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to the PhD in IT, PhD in Business Management, DBA, DHA, DPA, DrPH, or PhD in Public Safety program.
- The $10,000 scholarship will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($1,429 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
||Date of first scholarship isbursement
|February or March 2015
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15%.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children, are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.