Public Service Master's Scholarship
Capella University is pleased to announce a $3,000 scholarship opportunity for new students who enroll in an eligible public service master's program — including MS in Public Safety, MS in Human Services, MPA, or MNML — and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirementsPDF.
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University in January, February, or March 2015. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must be accepted into and enrolled in an eligible public service program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply Now for the Public Service Master's Scholarship.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on January 12, February 9, or March 9, 2015.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, March 9, 2015. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible program.
- The scholarship will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($429 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
||Date of first scholarship disbursement
|February or March 2015
- If the recipient does not remain enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15%.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Capella University faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children, are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.