The Institute of Medicine recommends that 80% of nurses should acquire at least a BSN degree by 2020 to meet changing health care needs. Capella can help you obtain your BSN degree for less.
Capella University is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity — $1,500 for nursing certificate programs, $3,000 for BSN programs, $4,000 for MSN programs, or $5,000 for DNP programs — for new students who enroll in an eligible nursing program and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements .
- Must be a new student starting a program at Capella University between January and April 2015. Former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Students must have a current, unrestricted RN license (or its equivalent) to practice in the United States.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing ) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAP ).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must be accepted into an eligible nursing program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply Now for a Nursing Scholarship. Complete the application for the degree level you are seeking.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on January 12, February 9, March 9, or April 13, 2015.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, April 13, 2015. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible program.
- The scholarship will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 3 consecutive quarters for nursing certificate programs ($500 per quarter), 6 consecutive quarters for BSN programs ($500 per quarter), and 7 consecutive quarters for MSN ($571 per quarter) and DNP ($714 per quarter) programs during the third week of each quarter.
||Date of first grant disbursement
|February, March, or April 2015
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15%.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements canceled.
- Capella University faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children, are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.