To supplement our existing services, Capella University has partnered with SMARTHINKING—a web-based tutoring service—to offer learners free custom critique of their papers, as well as opportunities for real-time chat with online tutors.
Online Writing Tutors
E-structors are online Sunday through Thursday 3pm–1am EST; Friday and Saturday 12pm–6pm EST.
- No appointment necessary!
- Connect with an e-structor and interact live online.
- Submit a question to which an e-structor will respond within 24 hours.
Custom Critique of Papers
- Submit a paper up to 10 pages in length, and an e-structor will spend 30 minutes on your paper and provide you with feedback within 24–48 hours.
- E-structors coach you by providing "reader responses," probing your thinking with questions, and offering advice for strengthening your next draft.
- To take best advantage of this opportunity for feedback, be sure to let the e-structor know your concerns about the paper.
- E-structors do not edit, proofread, or "fix" papers.
Professional and Career Writing
If you need assistance writing a resume or curriculum vitae, Capella encourages you to take advantage of the free Career Center Services available to current learners and alumni. Visit the Career Center site on iGuide (login required), click the "Ask a Career Counselor" button, and indicate on the web form that you would like a resume or CV review.
Find out how to access Smarthinking (iGuide login required).