Ready to take your nursing career to the next level?
Picking up one (or all) of these three books by forward-thinking nurses could help motivate you to take the steps needed. These authors are inspiring other nurses to grow in their careers through education and advanced degrees.
Donna Cardillo, RN, MA, CSP
- The Book: Your First Year as a Nurse: Making the Transition from Total Novice to Successful Professional
- Why You Should Pick It Up: This book prepares new nurses for the challenges of their first year. Her goal is to ensure they experience the best that nursing has to offer, straight out of the gate.
- Why We Love Her: In her blogs and advice columns, Cardillo encourages nurses to advance their careers by taking whatever path they feel most passionate about. She believes “there is no one right degree to have” and supports nurses looking outside of nursing degrees—such as public health, ambulatory care, and nursing informatics—in order to advance their careers.
- Learn More: donnacardillo.com
Inspired by Donna Cardillo’s message? Explore Capella degree programs that can help you move your career forward, including the Master of Public Health, MBA in Healthcare Management, MSN in Care Coordination, MHA in Healthcare Informatics, and DHA in Health Administration.
Kati Kleber, RN, BSN
- The Book: Becoming Nursey: From Code Blues to Code Browns, How to Care for Your Patients and Yourself
- Why You Should Pick It Up: Using humor and honesty, Kati tells stories from the bedside and provides real-world tools that will help nurses become safe, caring, and efficient as quickly as possible. This book will take overwhelmed nursing graduates and guide them through the process to become successful bedside nurses.
- Why We Love Her: Because of increased demands on the nursing field, many hospitals have started requiring RNs with an associate’s degree to obtain their BSN degree. Kati is a strong proponent for online RN to BSN programs due to their flexibility. She encourages full-time nurses to pursue advanced degrees online while maintaining a good work-life balance.
- Learn More: freshrn.com
See for yourself why Kati recommends online degrees for career advancement in nursing. Explore Capella’s RN-to-BSN degree program .