At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you
measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors,
you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each
assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external
professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise
to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will
allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have
gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Apply organizational skills and cultural competence to
effectively develop and lead high-performance teams to meet diverse
stakeholder and organizational goals in a variety of health care
- Execute decisions in compliance with personal
and professional values and legal, regulatory and ethical
considerations inherent in managing healthcare systems and
- Analyze records and reports for action based
upon established benchmarks and organizational goals and
- Develop approaches to operational and strategic
issues in managing health care organizations through the use of
information technology, leadership skills, risk management, quality
improvement concepts, and the application of healthcare ethics.
- Apply continuous improvement and quality management processes to
- Create reports and records to attain
measurable results in quality improvement, patient safety,
budgeting, supply chain management, and risk management.
- Interpret the organizational elements, structure, performance,
financing, terminology, and delivery modalities for the US health
- Develop leadership qualities that facilitate diverse
high-performance teams through effective teamwork, coaching,
cross-funtionality, and collaboration
- Perform ongoing
critical self-reflection from academic and work-based learning
experiences, and integrate this into action plans for future
- Apply administrative, behavioral, and
managerial theories and practices as they pertain to planning,
innovation, leadership, and problem-solving across the healthcare
- Influence organizational policy, improve patient
care outcomes, and affect positive change
- Apply health
information technology to maximize the efficiency and quality of
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com