At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Apply organizational skills and cultural competence to effectively develop and lead high-performance teams to meet diverse stakeholder and organizational goals in a variety of health care environments.
- Execute decisions in compliance with personal and professional values and legal, regulatory and ethical considerations inherent in managing healthcare systems and organizations.
- Analyze records and reports for action based upon established benchmarks and organizational goals and performance.
- Develop approaches to operational and strategic issues in managing health care organizations through the use of information technology, leadership skills, risk management, quality improvement concepts, and the application of healthcare ethics.
- Apply continuous improvement and quality management processes to improve outcomes.
- Create reports and records to attain measurable results in quality improvement, patient safety, budgeting, supply chain management, and risk management.
- Interpret the organizational elements, structure, performance, financing, terminology, and delivery modalities for the US health care system.
- Analyze the structure of data in health information systems.
- Distinguish between various health information systems.
- Apply legal and ethical considerations in the management of health information.
- Explain the capture, storage, structure, and application of health care data.
- Explain the roles Health Information Management plays in the organizational management, including strategic and operational objectives.
- Articulate the effect of current laws, regulations, and standards related to health information systems and initiatives.
- Communicate using specialized vocabularies in a professional and meaningful manner.
- Apply leadership qualities to health information management.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com