Applicants to this certificate program must provide the following for admission.
- Master's degree in counseling or psychology from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Active learners currently enrolled in a Capella University master's counseling or psychology degree program may be admitted to the Play Therapy certificate upon successful completion of specific, pre-determined courses within their degree program and/or specialization.
- GRE and GMAT are not required for admission.
To learn more, call 866.933.5793, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic coursework, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.