What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Analyze research related to clinical psychology.
- Apply ethical principles related to practice in academics, research, and practice of clinical psychology.
- Evaluate the importance of diversity through mastery of multicultural competencies in scholarly work.
- Apply theory and research findings into standards of practice for the professional discipline of clinical psychology.
- Communicate in scholarly writing and through the use of any technologies using the professional standards of the discipline.
- Analyze literature related to a research or evaluation goal
- Design and conduct program evaluations
- Design appropriate data collection instruments and measurement strategies
- Plan and conduct research
- Analyze data using statistical software
- Protect human subjects in research and evaluation projects
- Respect and embrace individual and group differences
- Effectively communicate psychological concepts and information within the professional community, using the professional standards of the evaluation, measurement, and research discipline