What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Apply ethical principles and standards of psychology to academic and professional activities.
- Apply theoretical and research findings from the discipline of psychology to professional and academic activities.
- Communicate psychological concepts effectively using the professional standards of the discipline.
- Determine the scientific merit of professional literature.
- Embrace, respect, and respond to individual differences and diversity in the practice of psychology.
- Research and evaluate sources of knowledge, theory, and best professional practices within child development
- Critically analyze and evaluate the scientific and practical merit of research and literature pertaining to child and adolescent development
- Effectively communicate knowledge, theory, and best professional practices within child and adolescent development
- Apply ethical and best professional practice principles to the provision of services and programs for children, adolescents, and their families
- Recognize, value, and respect cultural and ethnic diversity among children, adolescents, and their families