Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have achieved the following student learning outcomes:
- Apply professional ethics and cultural competence the human services profession.
- Apply interdisciplinary knowledge about human needs and the social, economic, and cultural impacts to solve issues in for-profit, nonprofit, and government settings.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders within the community to coordinate and manage direct service programs to best meet client needs.
- Promote empowerment, community engagement, advocacy, and collaboration in for-profit, nonprofit, and government organizations.
- Employ human services management skills to conceptualize problems, contribute in collaborative settings, and communicate recommendations regarding direct care, resource management, and service delivery.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others consistent with expectation for members of the human services profession.
- Apply professional organizational practices to enhance organizational structure and leadership in a range of human service delivery models.
- Apply interdisciplinary knowledge about leadership styles, principles, and organizational management practices to effectively lead human services programs.
- Apply interactive practices to help lead organizations through a strategic planning process and implementation of organizational initiatives.
- Assess individual and group communication styles as tools for engaging diverse stakeholders to coordinate and manage programs and services at a mezzo or macro practice level.
- Use qualitative or quantitative data to help shape decisions regarding resource management and community-based practices.
- Apply professional ethics and cultural competence in the human services profession.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others consistent with expectations for members of the human services profession.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.