Serve as a change agent through coaching, consulting, and educating individuals, groups, and communities with diabetes and its related conditions. In your online RN-to-MSN in Diabetes Nursing from Capella University, you’ll explore the advanced diabetes-specific knowledge and skills needed to conduct physical and psychosocial assessments that inform diagnoses and help prioritize the needs and problems of diabetes patients.
You’ll also collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement education plans and outcomes-based care strategies that effectively and safely treat and manage diabetes in patients.
- Direct Path: Complete your RN-to-MSN in as few as 2.5 years without accruing the cost or time to complete a BSN. Transfer up to 12 credits to save time and money.
- Accredited: Capella’s MSN program is accredited* by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Credible: Capella’s diabetes nursing curriculum integrates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing, as well as the recommended competencies published by The American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE).
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during early coursework—then use those skills in your practice immersion as you gain the confidence to lead at the top of your field.
- Doctoral-Prepared Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
*The MSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
With your Master in Diabetes Nursing from Capella you'll have the ability to perform patient assessment and diagnosis, as well as identify desired outcomes based on evidence and patient input. You'll also learn to formulate, implement, and evaluate a plan of care consistent with the evidence, diagnosis, and desired outcomes. Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Job Titles to Explore*
Individuals with an MSN in Diabetes Nursing can explore positions such as diabetes nurse specialist, nursing faculty, nurse manager, diabetes nurse educator, diabetes nurse clinician, head nurse or wellness program director. Potential workplaces include: hospital, clinic, medical center, community health agency, community or technical college, pharmaceutical company, land-based or online university or hospital-based school of nursing. Learn more about potential career outcomes.
To learn more, call 1.844.409.0432, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.