What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Apply ethical principles and standards of psychology to academic and professional activities.
- Apply theoretical and research findings from the discipline of psychology to professional and academic activities.
- Communicate psychological concepts effectively using the professional standards of the discipline.
- Determine the scientific merit of professional literature.
- Embrace, respect, and respond to individual differences and diversity in the practice of psychology.
- Know the foundations of psychology and their application to sport psychology practice
- Apply principles of sport psychology to one’s chosen profession (e.g., coaching, performance enhancement, athletic training, or consulting)
- Utilize sport psychology theory and research to customize working models that fit specific populations
- Recognize, value, respect, and embrace diversity and individual differences in the application of sport psychology
- Apply ethical principles in the application of sport psychology
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions