At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Applying the fundamentals of biostatistical methods and concepts in addressing public health problems.
- Applying the fundamentals of epidemiological methods and concepts in addressing public health disparities.
- Synthesizing communications strategies to communicate public health concepts to diverse audiences.
- Critically analyzing evidence and theory from a broad range of disciplines and sources that impact public health.
- Identifying and evaluating environmental determinants that affect the health of communities.
- Explaining the ethical concepts of social justice and human rights in public health.
- Integrating the foundations of public health into public health activities.
- Explaining the behavioral, social, and cultural factors related to determinants of health.
- Communicating and interacting with people across life spans, diverse groups, and cultures to empower communities and enhance public health.
- Explaining how science and scientific concepts are used in public health.
- Evaluating the social, behavioral, governmental, and environmental impacts on health internationally and at the global level.
- Evaluating scientific and research concepts, methods, and tools of data collection, to understand evidence- and practice-based strategies in public health.
- Creating a plan to provide fiscally responsible strategic and operational guidance within public and private health organizations.
- Explaining the core components of influencing and motivating others to collaborate across diverse groups.
- Assessing public health in policies and practices at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Explaining system-level properties that result from dynamic interactions among human and social systems and influence public health.
- Creating awareness of community health across the health professions to optimize health outcomes, including emergency preparedness.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.