What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Think critically in response to psychological challenges.
- Lead the profession of psychology.
- Perform ethically in personal and professional interactions.
- Respect individuality and embrace diversity.
- Communicate professionally in the discipline of psychology.
- Synthesize principles and applications of addiction psychology theory and its evidence base
- Employ a plan for continued professional and career development on contemporary issues and trends related to addiction psychology
- Evaluate addiction psychology literature
- Interpret knowledge of addiction psychology research and contribute to the field of psychology
- Utilize appropriate evaluation and outcomes measurement procedures
- Maintain an awareness of evolving cultural, ethical, and legal standards related to addiction psychology research, practice, and policy
- Communicate knowledge about addiction psychology using accepted professional community standards